Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Photo Shoot 2003 and 2008


The above photo was shot about 5 years ago when we were pregnant with Ivy. I adore the way that it looks and it really brings back some wonderful memories from back then. I still have that shirt. I just can't part with it although that is the only time that I wore it. Although I love these photos, I feel like they are kind of generic, and I did so at the time as well. But, being in a chain studio, we got as edgy as possible with what was available.
This time around, I wanted something very different from the studio shots we had done last time. I contacted my cousin's wife who did the still shots for the video I did last year for their church. I emailed her that I wanted something artsy this time, and did she have any ideas.
Well, she comes back with these great ideas about COLOR!! BIG HAIR!! EARTHY. Exactly what I was thinking!!
We finally got together today at the spur of the moment and had an amazing session. It was such an adventure! We threw all of our props into her car and headed out to locations unknown. We trespassed. Climbing over property lines and barbed wire. I was changing my clothes in plain view of a busy street. I was freezing by the end of it. There was danger with huge spiders and thistle bushes and huge burrs that attacked us, the biggest ants that I've seen in real life. Climbing up and down embankments 6 months pregnant? Nobody knowing where we were? It was one of the best afternoons I've had in a while. I tell ya, I suffer for my art, okay?
She is hopefully going to be able to email me some of the pics tomorrow and I will be posting them a few at a time. From what I saw through the view screen on the drive home, they should be amazing.
What a great day.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

lol Karianne!! You crack me up!! I can't wait to see the photos!! *suffering for your art* hheehee

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh, it sounds amazing! I know the feeling of suffering for art - I totally get it! I absolutely cannot wait to see them! You must post them ASAP!

writex3 said...

That picture is amazing. Mrs. I is going to flip out when she sees it, too. Can't wait to see the new ones!