Wednesday, July 16, 2008

All is well

Today was my midwife appt and second blood draw and all seemed fine. We scheduled our next U/S for August 13 and hopefully we will be able to see which type of kid we are getting next.
The second blood results will be compared with the first ones taken three weeks ago and will let us know the statistical risk of Downs. Since the nuchal scan can normally detect upwards of 70% of these cases, I'm feeling comforted. She said that no news is good news and the results should be back after a week.
She was extremely pleased that I had gained a pound from 3 weeks ago. Hopefully that will continue. She also said that Ivy, Chris and I can play tennis as long as I don't get too hot or winded. She said that competitive tennis is out, but since I don't play competitive tennis I don't think that I will be missing out. Bec will be disappointed as he doesn't like going to the courts, but he'll come around.
A cool happening at the appointment was that the nurse could not find the heartbeat at first. I told her, "Try it lower, that is normally where it hangs out." And there it was, right where Mama could feel it. Of course, it booked off right away. She said, "Wow, this one is a mover. Ya know, the old wive's tale says that an active baby is a boy." Chalk up another vote for the blue team.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya, well Regen never slept, was always moving. And even now she can run me to ground. Also she stopped taking naps during the day by two. So hope it's a boy and not a Regen...lol

-AKR

writex3 said...

Mamma knows best!

Anonymous said...

Good news! Woo hoo!

When Isa was still inside she would literally spin around to try to get away from the doppler. She was born with the cord wrapped 3 times around her neck and arm first, trying to claw her way out, I'm sure...!!

So glad things are going well!

Catherine said...

I'm so glad to hear all is well!!!


love you!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you're far enough along alredy to get the nuchal scan! Holy moly! Praying all is well in there!

Hey, I didn't know you played tennis. Hubby and I started last year. We aren't any good, but we have fun running around like idiots and the big little man joins in too. Warrior hates, it like Bec. Actually, I think he's bored.

Where are our new belly shots?????