Monday, July 28, 2008

She knows?

When I picked up the kids today, one of the staff was telling me that Ivy was telling her that I was going to have a baby. Now, although we have decided to not tell our kids about the pregnancy until after the next u/s, I'm sure that Ivy has somewhat figured it out since everyone else knows.

So, this is how I handled the situation. I told her that in a couple of weeks Daddy and Mommy are going to the doctor to see if there is a baby in there. We think that there is a baby in there, but we have to go to the doctor to see for sure. And if there is one in there, they will tell us if it is a brother or a sister.

Then she said that she wants another baby brother. Because she is already a girl. We'll have to see how that one is going to go over.

Last week I asked her if she got a new baby dolly what would she want it's name to be? She then said that the only name she likes is Ivy. And Sunshine because she already has a doll named Sunshine. I think that she didn't really catch the drift of that inquiry. I then said, "Do you like Paisley? Do you like Patience? Do you like Juniper? (those are all names that we are thinking of for girls) She says, "Mom, I told you. I only like Ivy." Well then.

4 comments:

writex3 said...

Of course she knows...this is Miss Doesn't Miss a Thing Ivy!

I adore your names, too.

KrayonKel said...

Take a lesson from George Foreman. You can call all your girl children Ivy. Simple. ;)

Sounds like you have a smart girl there. :)

Melissa said...

don't you think girls are just very intuitive when it comes to relational things? I even see that in Ella....

Now, when is your u/s?? Are you going to share the flavor with us all?

Catherine said...

LOL!! That is too cute! And I 2nd Kelly's ideas. Just call this one IvyToo or Ivy Two ;)

That sounds good hehe or at least we know Ivy will approve! Too funny!