Friday, July 11, 2008

How many is too many?

Now I know that I'm extra sensitive lately but something happened last night that isn't sitting well with me.
Chris finally told his dad and stepmom about the new baby coming. They were over and admiring the new car, which is something that I find odd in the first place, but people are different.
We were out on the front porch and Chris said, "Well, there's a reason why we needed a bigger car." I then smoothed down my shirt to show the bump. His step mom said congratulations and gave me a hug. Chris' dad said, "Don't you guys watch television?" Then they laughed. Then his dad said, "And what about after this one?" Chris said, "I'm making a doctor's appointment!" In all honesty, they were more excited about the car. Seriously, some peoples' priorities.
When we came inside I asked Chris if his parents think that we have too many kids. He said that he didn't think so and that his dad didn't mean anything by what he said. I'm thinking in my head, "Hell, you think 3 is a lot of kids? I'll show you a lot of kids by the time I'm done!!" Yeah, I"m that mature.
Chris is the baby out of 4 kids. So far, he is the only one that is married and the only one that has kids. I guess that really does make him an oddity with his folks. But his oldest brother and girlfriend are expecting this fall. When I think back to the reaction they got, it makes me mad.
And, Chris still hasn't told his mom. I told him tonight that the longer he puts it off, the worse it is going to be. She is now the last to know. He says that he doesn't want to put up with her shit and that she will make it all about her and cry and throw a fit. Nice, just like she did with Ivy. She just didn't acknowlege Bec until he was in her face.
Bottom line is that I hate it that people can act like this, yet at the end, still take all of the credit and the glory. My family is there for us in any way shape or form and has been since the beginning of time. (Well, maybe not my mom from the very beginning, but she has more than made up for it) But, oh, when the baby is born, they are all there acting like it was their idea for us to have another. Pisses me off. But, more and more I realize that no matter how much I wish that it was different, life isn't fair. Growing up is hard. F*** 'em. (Ah, that feels better!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

God I love you!! A woman who lets it out and says what she feels!! There needs to be more of us, or those of us who are indepenant and voice our opinions just need to keep having little girls!!!!
-AKR

KrayonKel said...

That is weird!

Well the most important thing is your and Chris's priority. :) I think you guys are right on track.

Love you!

writex3 said...

Gotta love family. That's why we blog-girls have to stick together (-:

Anonymous said...

The reactions seem to get weirder and weirder the more you have, doesn't it? I can't wait for next time either. Oh, and be prepared - three is such a HUGE number to most people, 99% of them will go on about how "...since this is your last one." and will all assume you are done with three. Because come on, who EVER has more than *gasp* three???

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.