Friday, July 4, 2008

Something is moving in there

Yesterday I kept thinking that I was feeling the baby move. But I kept talking myself out of it. And then as I was sitting at the computer, filling out a form online, there was an unmistakable, familiar feeling of something specific moving in there. Not like the fluttering of butterfly wings, but like the flipping over of a fish.
I told Chris, my mom and my sis. Chris said, "are you sure?" My mom and sis said, "I'll bet. You can always feel the second one sooner and it is rough to mix it up with anything else once you have felt it."
I felt it again last night while I was driving. And then once when I was laying down this afternoon.
Once again, I had thought that this trimester would have me forgetting I was pregnant. Once again, little fish has decided to make it's presence known. Once again, I think I have a little drama babe in there. Like mama, like fishy!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you! What great reassurance that your little fishy is in there and doing a-ok!

KrayonKel said...

I'm so amazed by the miracle of life. :) I love reading about it. Thanks for letting us in on what is going on with your new little "fishy."

writex3 said...

Yippeee! Those little flutters are so fun until they become full fledged soccer kicks!

Catherine said...

I love and adore that feeling more then anything else and still dream that I have a little swimmer in there sometimes. I will never forget that. What an amazing gift. I'm so happy for you!!!

Love,
Cath

Anonymous said...

Your mom is right - the second and subsequent babes are usually felt much earlier because you know what it feels like, and it is pretty unmistakable. I felt the last two around 12-13 weeks. So I think you are right on target! I am so excited that your wee person is doing so well in there, and is providing you with some kicks! Hooray!