Sunday, October 12, 2008

Shifting

OK gals, not such a great weekend. Well, I spent pretty much the whole darn thing in bed or on the couch, since in all reality I couldn't walk or stand without that horrible pelvic pain. I would think that sleeping it off would help, but it was fleeting.

Tonight I was online looking for any type of relief, and what I read pretty much scared the wits out of me! Things like, bedrest, crutches and a wheelchair until delivery. Of course, there are less drastic approaches to try first, but YIKES!

So I'm trying to grin and bear it as Sue told me I should. And guess what? In all reality, that is my only choice as Chris heads back to work tomorrow and Bec starts soccer this week. These poor kids. Just dealing with me on the limited basis that they had to this weekend has them seeing their mama in a new light.

Wish me, and them, luck!

And putting it in perspective at this point, I'm still enjoying being pregnant. Maybe I can get used to this?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know... Come over I'll tie a rope around your ankles and hang ya upsidedown for awhile....Hendrix will move aray from that pain point...All good!!
LOL...so when ya want me to tie ya up???

lmao...akr

Melissa said...

I remember that pain---ouchie---but not until just a couple weeks before delivery. I'm sorry you're dealing with that---but you're handling it like a champ, I must say.

Woudl one of those belly-belt thingys (You know that sort of lifts up your belly) help? Although, your belly is so little it may not help...that was always my issue---my dang belly was so huge that if I used the support belt it relieved some pain.

I think the hanging upside down might work!

writex3 said...

Oooof - I'm remembering now...is this the pain that is like you are being stabbed with a dagger up the yingyang?

All my sympathy - hang in there.