Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Yesterday finished me

After the bed fest from the weekend and most of Monday, I woke up feeling pretty great to greet Tuesday and get some things started! Which lasted for about an hour before I was hobbling around with tears in my eyes, breathing heavily and coming to the end of my rope.

I got on the horn to my midwife's assistant and told her that there had to be something more that we could do, because I was beginning to panic. She got me in to see Sue this morning.

And, now we find out the majority of the problem. A bacterial infection. I had these before with Ivy, but not like this. So, there was more than one thing going on. I left the office with an rx for the intra vag. gel, an rx for a belly support belt (which my insurance refused to cover), and a note saying that for every 30 minutes to an hour that I'm up, I need to alternate that with sitting or laying down. Yeah! I also had my hips and pelvis adjusted by my new chiro that works on preggos like me. He warned, "I was conservative in your adjustment, but you will be sore tomorrow." What else is new? At least it will be a different sore.

I feel much better tonight. Not physically, mind you, as my tx hasn't started, but mentally, knowing that feeling better is in my grasp. Sue said that after the rx is complete, I should feel much better, but not 100% since Hendrix really is low. But, she said that as far as being debilitating, it would be more of a day to day issue depending on him and my uterus. Good news. I can't wait to get back to this perfect pregnancy! This little blip has went on long enough!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm so glad you found some things out---is there some relief yet?

now..when exactly is your due date/ scheduled section? just flippin' through my calendar today and realized how close to Dec/Jan we are....