Friday, August 8, 2008

The Best

There are some things this pregnancy that I will proclaim "The Best" . And far and away the best of the best have been the amazingly comforting and beautiful dreams that I've had of my dad.

There was a time while I was still grieving that my visits from dad in my dreams went away. And I reeled from the loss. I missed him so much, and then to miss him in my dreams was like salt in the wounds.

But now my dad has come back to me. I wake up smiling from seeing him. And he is always smiling and happy too. It had been a very long time since I had seen him that way before he got sick and died.

My Nana will be 90 this weekend. She reminds me of the Natalie Merchant song, "Wonder". I love my Nana. But anyone turning 90, reminds me of how much time has been stolen from me and my kids having their own grandparent.

I miss him. Maybe I'll go take a nap.

2 comments:

KrayonKel said...

Glad you are having wonderful visits! :)

writex3 said...

What wonderful gifts from your dad. Savor.