Monday, May 12, 2008

First Appt/Telling My Mom :)

Today was my first appt. with my midwife and I tried to get her to try to get heart tones, but to no avail. She just smiled and chided me and said, "girl, you are only 6 weeks pregnant! You aren't going to hear what you want to. We'll just wait until next week with your ultrasound."She made me feel better about the meds and such.

I still don't know if I will go to Whore's deposition. Depends on tomorrow.

When I went to pick up my kids, my mom called me out to the front porch to ask me about a project that she wants to do for my Nana's 90th birthday in August. After we had discussed some of the details, I told her about the pregnancy.She was so excited! She said "Congratulations" and asked all sorts of questions. She is going to come with me to my first ultrasound next week. This is such a turn around from telling her about my first pregnancy with Chris when she started bawling and asking me why I would do something like that to myself! Turns out, she was super worried, but really came around after she realized how badly I needed her.She called me tonight to see who she could tell the secret to. I told her that as long as all of the kids don't know until later, then that's fine with me. She wanted to tell my aunt, my step dad and my Nana. I'm glad that she is willing to tell Nana, instead of me. When I told Nana last year that I was ready for another one, she said, "Good lord, Kari! What's wrong with you?" Hey, she's almost 90! Having more little ones probably sounds like torture to her!

No comments: