Wednesday, May 7, 2008

One Week

It has been 7 days since I found out that I was pregnant. In some ways it has went so fast, others so slow.I'm tired and anxious and cry-y. Mostly from worry and not sleeping well. Bec hasn't been sleeping well and I've been getting angry that he won't settle in. Not like me at all. Just tired. I watched the preview to Juno last night and cried. Just teary the past few days.

Being off of the meds is not an option I don't think. When I first called Kolynn last week, she took me off of everything except for half of my dose of lexapro. That lasted maybe one day before I put myself back on my full dose of lexapro every other day.On Monday I thought that my symptoms of pregnancy were lessening. And I got really panicked and sad. They were back full force yesterday but first thing in the morning I called my midwife's office.Thankfully, they are having me come in on Monday to do a review of my meds. She put me on half dose of wellbutrin as well as the half of lexapro. Yeah! She said that anxiety at this point in the pregnancy is worse on the pregnancy than the meds will be. I love how they listen. I was freaking out on Friday too and called Kolynn but she didn't call back. Pissed me off.

I'm having hibernation yearning today. And I think that I'm going to follow through with it. No talking. No stimulation. Just rest. I'm tired.

I also had a job opportunity come my way. I hope that it works out.

The baby is the size of a grain of rice. Marny's (SIL) baby is the size of a lime.

I feel sore and pukey and big. I got out maternity clothes last night. I've lost weight but feel bigger. I wore my pregnant overalls all night and loved it.Although I hate this feeling, I love this feeling. I hope that we can keep on having kids. Not just feeling hopeful about this pregnancy, but adoption too. It feels so hopeful and productive.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck with all the medication stuff. I know it's something I worry about often, what I will do when (if) I get pregnant. It's important that they are listening to you and how you are feeling, I think, because even though getting off the meds fast is most people's first choice, sometimes it's not that simple. I'm here for you if you need me!