Saturday, June 14, 2008

Hmmm

Hey, doesn't that baby on the ticker look like a black eyed pea? :)

I've been keeping this quiet for a few days because I don't want to jinx myself. I think that I may have mentioned something to Carrie, but that's about it. So, the big news? I think that I'm feeling better!
Monday I felt so so. And I mentioned this improvement to my siblings. But then Tuesday was horrible and I decided to keep my mouth shut after that. Wednesday was pretty good, Thursday not so, but yesterday I went until about 1130 pm without feeling nauseous! And today I have done really well with some twinges of ickiness, but nothing like before. I cannot tell you how happy this makes me! I have even worked out twice this week and went swimming today. Ah, I like having me back. Even if it is hit and miss. I was missing myself.
Still no appetite to speak of, but since I feel better, it is so much easier to force myself to eat. I almost ate a half of a pint of strawberries (strawbabies) on my own today along with a roll, some crackers and cheese, and a few noodles. Amazing! I might even have Chris make me an egg tonight to up the protein intake for today.
Tomorrow Chris will be celebrating his father with a bbq at his dad's house that I will be skipping because of the meat. Steaks. Don't think that I can even think about going there yet! And, since Chris is still all hush hush about the pregnancy, they would be trying to force feed me and I'd end up getting frustrated. My siblings and I are going to try to get together to celebrate my stepdad at about the same time as the bbq so it won't be too obvious that I'm missing from Chris' dad's celebration.
I cooked a dinner for Chris tonight for his father's day and tomorrow will give him gifts and maybe go to breakfast depending on when the kiddos wake up. I bought him a Tiger Woods golf game that he wanted and an ice cream maker. I think that he will like them both.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It totally looks like a black eyed pea.

writex3 said...

Fantastic that you are coming out of the haze of the 1st trimester! Every day of feeling good is a blessing!

Pretty Momma said...

Before mine got better (with my second pregnancy) it came and went for a few weeks and then I felt human again. I hope that yours is gone to stay soon!!! As always, thinking of you!