Monday, June 2, 2008

Ticker Troubles

Ivy's Birth Announcement and 2 week photo
My ticker from above has been missing as the web site has been down for a few days. I hope that it comes back up soon. I really liked it, even if it did look like an ear.

Last night I got an email newsletter about the 9th week of pregnancy. It says that the embryo is the size of a grape. Remember when it was the size of a grain of rice?

I got my doppler rental and have been able to hear the heartbeat this weekend. It's funny though. I just learned that it is supposedly swimming around in my uterus, but I can't feel it. (Creepy) But, when I am doing the doppler, I find the heartbeat, and then it scurries away. It weirds me out!

I turned down an rx for zofran this last appt. because although it is a pain, it is reassuring to have the continual morning sickness. It also keeps me on track on eating healthy stuff. I do not want to replay my pregnancy weight that I had with miss ivy. Although it was only 26 pounds, that was a lot for me and perfect for her. She was the biggest of all 7 grandkids! Since I kept on a good 5 pounds from that time, I'm thinking that 26 pounds would be way too much! Remember, I'm only 5 feet tall :)
Have a great week

4 comments:

Alexy said...

Ivy is such a cutie. Iam excited that I will be around this time. I missed out on Ivy's little years, but you were beautifull at the babyshower.

P.S. I love blogging, hopping to keep it up.

Pretty Momma said...

Baby Ivy is so beautiful! She looks just like Ivy now; just super tiny!

I loved having my doppler - it was such a reassurance! I was always kind of creeped out by little people in there scurrying around too. Strange how it all works.

I love reading your updates, so keep em coming!

Anonymous said...

how sweet!
mp

Catherine said...

aww Karianne! I love reading these updates, and I agree with the general consensus.. wow, Ivy was (and is) a beautiful baby!!

I never did have a doppler but always said that if I were to ever have another little one, I'd absolutly invest.

I'm so happy for you honey! (Have I said it enough?? lol)

Love,
Me